FKT ONLINE CERTIFICATION
We are excited to make available our 8-week online kettlebell certification intensive. oct 30-dec 24 (you have access to recorded materials forever)
This online option includes attendance to any in-person course that you would like to go to.
The online intensive provides the following benefits:
- instructional videos are prerecorded and you can work through them at your own pace. You have access to everything forever.
- you follow a progressive 8-week kettlebell focused program so you can see how the skills progress each week
- you submit videos of you performing the drills to the group so that you get coached by our instruction team
- the coaching of the videos is recorded and posted to the group, which means you get more exposure to coaching kettlebell skills than you can in a single weekend course
- Instruction of each core skill is recorded and available to watch for participants. They have access to these recordings forever.
- 4-5 workouts per week to practice your skills
- 1-3 hours per week to watch the coaching recordings, and the standard instructional videos
- swings, and variations
- cleans, and variations
- snatches, and variations
- presses, and variations
- Turkish get up
- windmill, and variations
- integrating KB into basic lifts
- moving into complexes, chains and flows
What’s the difference between the online course and the in-person course?
- The online course simply provides more time, exposure and opportunity for us to coach the participants
- The online course is more intensive from a time and effort standpoint
- The online option is the most thorough kettlebell certification course on the market simply due to the length of time and amount of interaction that allows.
The Kettlebell is an amazing piece of equipment that can be both the best tool for introducing loading to our fundamental movement patterns, or uniquely suited to progressing those basic exercises into more dynamic and challenging progressions. As such the kettlebell has earned a large contingency of ardent fans, sometimes comically referred to as kettlebell cultists. Their enthusiasm is not misplaced, but often times it is unfortunately displayed in a gatekeeping or dogmatic manner that actually keeps people away from using and enjoying the kettlebell and it’s benefits.
The Pain Free Kettlebell Certification will stand out from other KB certifications in the industry because our only focus is that the tools and knowledge you gain with us are immediately applicable to as many of your clients as possible. We are not interested in having overly strict and unnecessary standards which are not required to deliver exceptional results. At the other end of the spectrum we are not overly interested in excessively complex movements, complexes or flows which can look, feel and be great, but are realistically rather difficult to implement with our standard clients.
The PPSC x KB course will coach you through kettlebell exercises, many progressions of those exercises, complexes/flows/combination drills and a very practical section of “integrating KB training into a multi-tool and multi-disciplinary approach to health promoting fitness, strength and conditioning”.
When you take this course we do NOT expect you to only train with kettlebells! But we are certain you’ll want to start using them as a staple in your complete programs.
The PPSCxKB course will break out the exercises under our 6-foundational movement patterns:
SQUAT | HINGE | LUNGE | PUSH | PULL | CARRY
Within each pattern there will be MANY variations. We recognize that you and your clients don’t just desire variety, but they actually need variety.
Here is a reality, many people who specialize in the kettlebell want to act as though being able to effectively teach a client how to do the drills is difficult. The truth is that it is NOT difficult to introduce new exercise to your clients. We will not be spending multiple hours on one single exercise variation! We generally are able to introduce a new exercise to our clients in minutes, so why would it be needed to take 3+ hours to learn how to teach that exercise?! Instead we will ensure you can perform the fundamentals very well, teach them very well, and then we will learn how to progress them intelligently to produce novel adaptations and gains while keeping your clientele excited with your programs.
Each pattern will be taught with this framework…
|Power, Coordination, and Rotation Focus
|Strongest Bases of Support
|Challenged Base of Support
|Single and Combo Drills
You’ll learn the kettlebell basics such as swings, cleans, snatches, windmills, and the turkish getup, OF COURSE. However, we will also discuss when and how to implement those and how they may have utility limitations with many clients.
You’ll learn many variations in the squat, push, hinge and pull patterns. You’ll also learn over a dozen unique kettlebell swing variations. You’ll learn many dynamic lunge+ clean/snatch variations. And the course will end with learning the ins and outs of successful kettlebell complexes and flows.
|COMPLEXES / FLOWS
|Endurance Focus (expression)
|Moving or Challenged Base of Support
|Successive drills strung together or for reps
The kettlebell is a fantastic tool, and we want to make it easy and approachable, instead of hard and off putting.
The cert is good for 1.6 ceus with NASM, and 1.5 with ACE. All other organizations will grant ceus via self reporting.
The FKT instructor, Logan Dube is the Director of Education for the PPSC.